Terms & conditions of Club Membership
- We/I consent to the above Application and to undertakings given by the Applicant. We/I understand the personal data on this form will be used by the Club and the GAA/LGFA for the contractual purpose of registering (or re-registering) and maintaining the Applicant’s Membership.
- We/I understand that the Personal Data will be retained by the Club and the GAA/LGFA for such period as the Applicant’s Membership subsists and for a reasonable period thereafter.
- We/I understand that I can resign the Applicant’s Membership by writing to the Club or the GAA/LGFA and their Personal Data will then be erased except where the Club or the GAA/LGFA has a clear justification to retain such Personal Data (e.g. for child safeguarding purposes).
- We/I understand that the Applicant’s Personal Data will also be used for administrative purposes to maintain their Membership including club and team administration, registrations, teamsheets, referee reports, disciplinary matters, injury reports, transfers, sanctions, permits and for statistical purposes.
- We/I understand that if I do not provide the Applicant’s Personal Data their Membership cannot be registered with the Club and the Association.
Data Protection Information
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION AS IT WOULD APPLY TO THE GAA/LGFA
The following Privacy Information is being provided to you as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation. It is intended to inform you of how the Personal Information provided on this form will be used, by whom and for what purposes. If you are unclear on any aspect of this form, or want any further information, please contact the GAA Data Protection Officer (01 8658600 or [email protected]).
Who is the data controller?
The Club and the GAA/LGFA are Joint Data Controllers of the Personal Data and contact details for the Club are as follows [Summerhill GFC, Summerhill Co.Meath, Phone:086 3904518 / email: [email protected]].
Who is the Data Protection Officer for the GAA and the Club?
Details of the GAA’s Data Protection Officer are available on the GAA’s website gaa.ie/dataprotection. You can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01 8658600, [email protected] or 01 8363156 if you have any questions or wish to make any request in relation to your personal data.
What is the purpose of processing my Personal Data?
The purpose for processing your Personal Data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract in order to register and maintain your membership with the Club and the GAA/LGFA. The purpose is also to keep you informed of GAA/LGFA events and fundraisers. We will only use your personal data for this second purpose if you have provided your explicit consent for this by ticking the boxes on this form and indicated your contact preferences and signed below those boxes. If you provide your child’s medical information and your explicit consent for the Club to process this information this information shall only be processed for the purpose of administering medical assistance and where necessary the information provided shall be shared with qualified medical practitioners.
Will anyone else receive a copy of my Personal Data?
Your Personal Data can be accessed by certain members of the County Committees, Provincial Councils and the Central Council of the Gaelic Athletic Association in connection with their administrative functions. This will be done in accordance with our data protection policy only.
In the event of an injury or insurance claim, details of your claim which will include your Personal Data will be passed to the GAA’s Insurance underwriters, Willis Towers Watson Insurance, Elm Park, Merrion Road, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Where is your Personal Data stored?
Your personal data will be stored in the Club and electronically on the GAA Membership Database which is provided by Servasport Ltd, 11th Floor, Causeway Tower, 9A James Street South, Belfast, BT2 8DN.
Who is Servasport Limited?
Servasport Limited is a “data processor” who hosts the database on which your information is stored. We have a contract in place with Servasport Limited to ensure your Personal Data is stored safely and securely.
How long will your Personal Data be stored for?
Your Personal Data will be held for the duration of your Membership and it will be deleted by us shortly thereafter in the event that you resign your Membership or you are expelled in accordance with the Official Guide. However, we may retain your Personal Data after your Membership ceases if we decide that it is strictly necessary and proportionate to do so in the circumstances in accordance with our data retention policy.
How can I obtain a copy of the Personal Data held by the Club/GAA/LGFA?
You have the right to request a copy of all of your Personal Data and can do so by contacting us. This information will be provided to you within one month.
What are my privacy rights relating to my Personal Data?You also have the right to have your Personal Data updated, rectified, or deleted if you so wish. You have the right to object to your Personal Data being processed and to withdraw your consent to processing – You can do so by contacting us at the details above.
Where can I get further information?
Further information regarding your rights can be obtained through the Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, or on the website www.dataprotection.ie
How do I make a complaint or report a breach?
Should you wish to make a complaint or report a breach in relation to your Personal Data, you can do so by emailing the Data Protection Commission using the following email address: [email protected].